Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Let Me Entertain You!

My passion in the kitchen extends beyond the stove...to the kitchen table! I love having parties and putting together a pretty table for my friends to enjoy my cooking. Tonight, we're having some good friends over and I wanted to put together a gorgeous early Spring table for our guests. Hey, it may be a blizzard back east but here in La La Land it's about 70 degrees and sunny. I say, embrace it!

The runner is actually a folded tablecloth; a family heirloom that my mother gave me. The little glasses filled with flours are all part of my growing glassware collection, including a few 100-year-old hand cut glass wine glasses (they've even purpled with age!), some 1950's well glasses rimmed with silver (just like the ones Don Draper sips in Mad Men) and some etched scotch glasses. The flowers I "borrowed" from my neighbors while on a walk with the dog.

All in all, I feel it's a pretty lovely table for our dinner tonight. We'll be sipping champagne to toast my trip up to SF tomorrow for the Fancy Food Show! We're so excited to get Cherryvale Farms off the ground and this weekend will mark a nice big step forward. Wish us luck.


More posts coming later this week from our rounds at the Fancy Food Show. We're sure to be packed to the gills with amazing edibles and we want to share every last bite with you!

No comments: