Monday, December 27, 2010

Cranberry Orange Bread

One of the things I love about the holiday season is the absurd amount of baked goods that seem to circulate in my life. Cookies, cakes, breads and every variety of sweet thing imaginable. So, of course, I would be out of the loop if I didn't contribute to this flurry of baking myself!

Just before Christmas, Walnut and I had a little doggie playdate with one of my favorite puppies, Gable. What playdate would be complete without some freshly baked holiday items? No playdate of mine!


That afternoon I baked a lovely cranberry orange bread, packed with fresh squeezed orange juice and fresh (not frozen or dried) cranberries. Dusted with a little powdered sugar, it was a lovely complement to the boozy eggnog I also brought over. Yes, you're allowed to bring booze to doggie playdates. Not sure if the same rule applies to children's playdates. I figure I have a few years before I need to worry about that.


Gable and Walnut enjoyed playing (feisty little ones!) while their respective mommies sipped the whiskey-spiked eggnog and this delicious, sugar dusted cranberry orange bread. A toast to the holidays indeed!

Still in the baking mood post-Christmas? Try this Cranberry Orange Bread recipe. 

No comments: